is an abbey church dating to 1230, just a few years after the church on Iona was built and “refounded” in 1203. Columba fist settled Iona with his monks from Ireland in 563. Plusgarden Abbey fell into ruins during the time of the Protestant Reformation, and its restoration began in 1948, when five monks established residence there again. It is in a remote location, but still in use as retreat center with a few monks.
The stained glass is the Marian window, north wall of the north transept, with round window based on chapter 12 of Revelation. The red dragon symbolizes darkness and evil, while Mary symbolizes the church, shining with the light of Christ. The original windows are lost; this one is from Sadie McLellan (c. 1964-1967), though the abbey has a stained glass works and many pieces come from there.