was built c. 1100 BCE, on the southwest end of Inis Mor, with evidence of site occupied from 1500 BCE. Only the elite would have lived within the walls. It consists of three circular enclosures. Its heyday was around 800 BCE, with occupation intermittent after 700 BCE. It was rebuilt c. 500-1000 AD, but abandoned soon afterward.
03 Jul This entry was published on July 3, 2013 at 11:26 pm and is filed under Uncategorized.